Monday, January 11, 2010

The Coat

Posted by Picasa

This is the coat that (almost) never was. I made this coat from a great pattern I received from a very talented lady. I had a very particular fabric in mind for it, which of course I couldn't find. Then, I found the perfect fabrics last summer at two different yard sales. The shell fabric was as musty as can be, and I had to wash it several times to remove both the smell and the strange backing that was disintegrating off the back. The lining is a really cool vintage Noah's Ark print. The buttons came from Grandma Kate's sewing box. While the coat turned out to be one of my favorite sewing projects ever, it did not last very long. It met its demise via one orange and one purple crayon, placed in the wash by a helpful toddler after being worn only a few times. Tragic.

No comments: