Thursday, February 18, 2010

Silhouettes


I wanted to jazz up my living room on the cheap, so I took the frames I already had, took out the outdated pictures and made silhouettes of the kids. They are really very simple:
  • Take a few digital pictures of each child's profile
  • Crop the images you like and print to desired size
  • Trace image onto fusible webbing (such as Wonder-Under)
  • Fuse webbing to black fabric and cut out silhouettes
  • Fuse silhouettes to desired background fabric (make sure if your fabric is directional to line it up nicely)
  • Trim fabric to size, leaving an extra inch or so around each side
  • Use double sided tape or glue to secure fabric (I didn't use secure mine since the frames are pretty secure, but I think I'll have to go back and add a little glue later)
  • Hang those babies up and you're done!

No comments: