- Vogue patterns are made to look very professional, inside and out
- Making a dress look professional includes french seams on EVERYTHING, and linings and facings so that there are no exposed seams
- While that may look all fine and dandy, its a major pain in the behind!!!
- Invisible zippers are a pain
- Especially when they break after you've installed it for the third time
- Having your mom install the zipper is way easier than doing it yourself
- Piping is really fun and a lot easier than I thought!
- Using a hand-me-down shirt to make the piping will make you feel very cheeky
- Spending hours and hours on Vogue dress that makes you look like you are smuggling watermelons is very un-gratifying; lets just say the the top part is not, uh, flattering for those who are a little busty ;)
Thursday, April 22, 2010
The Dress of Gloom and Despair
So Rachel had this pattern. I loved it and decided to trace the pattern and make one for myself. (Rachel likes when I do this so that I can work out all the kinks and see if its a good pattern before she makes it. Clever girl she is.) So, I found myself some fabric and got to work. My observations are as follows: