Monday, June 21, 2010

What to do, what to do?

I am not a floor-to-ceiling pictures type of person. However, I love pictures and I (incidentally) have the three cutest kids in the world ;) That makes it hard to narrow things down. I wanted a way to hang up more pictures without the wall looking too cluttered. Oh, and I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on new picture frames. Eureka! I had an idea. I raided the frames I already had, stole some from Mom, and went to the dollar store where I bought about 10 frames for...you guessed it, about $10. Then I went and got myself a nice can of matte black spray paint and went to town. I painted all the frames the same black. Let me tell you, a cheesy dollar store frame looks a LOT nicer with a coat of spray paint. Case in point:

After painting all the frames I laid them out on the floor how I wanted them and took a picture of the arrangement on my digital camera. I printed out the picture to use a guide for hanging them up. In case you are wondering, the square frame at the top is going to be a clock. I am in the process of embroidering a drawing James made, which I will use along with the guts of our living room clock to make myself a shiny new clock. So now I have a new picture arrangement. I plan on switching out pictures as I feel like it, and I can even add more frames in needed.

No comments: