Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ruffled Clutch


Here are two clutches I made for my sister-in-law and Mom. I saw something similar in a Macy's ad, and decided to use it as a springboard to make my own. After looking again at the store bought one, I think it looks pretty cheesy, not to mention that it costs $58! The black one is made from scraps I had from a previous project: my sister-in-law had a floor length gown that we turned into a knee-length dress. That left a lot of material to play with. The green one is made from a tablecloth I found on clearance a while back. The embroidered part was a border around the tablecloth. Both close via magnetic snap, and the brooches are actually from Michaels. I am planning on posting the measurements/instructions for it, as I am working on a third one right now.

No comments: