Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Big Project: FINISHED!


I finished making curtains for my boys' room. My oldest son requested their room be a farmer room, and I found the perfect fabric for them at JoAnns. I had to make five panels to cover the windows, and I bought every bit of fabric they had. Still, after making the curtains and tabs, I threw out one 2" by 16" strip...that was all that was left! Talk about close. I am glad it worked out. Curtains are, in my book, no fun at all. It's like hemming pants. Not difficult, but about as thrilling as watching paint dry. The curtains are made from a canvas type home-dec fabric, and are lined with some sort of curtain lining (also from JoAnns). I am very glad to have these done, and hanging up! Makes me feel like I completed something, unlike the perpetual mountain of clothes that need to be washed/dried/folded/put away. :)

1 comment:

Linda Dashiell said...

Great job!!!!!!!!! I really like the look! The new picture of The Crafty Sisters is pretty awesome too!

You are amazing!