Monday, February 28, 2011
Enough To Make a Preacher Swear!!
I just finished this pillow for Mom. The top went together very nicely. I used the tutorial here to paper piece the patches. That part was a lot of fun. However, when I went to put the thing together, I ran into a few problems. I bought a solid fabric for the border and the fabric was awful!! At the store it felt fine, but after washing it the sizing came off and it was pretty thin. When I tried to add some decorative stitching to border, it made a mess. When I went to pick the stitches out, it was even worse. The fabric practically disintegrated! I ended up cutting the border down by about 2 inches, and I used a different fabric for the back. I'm glad its done and I still have all my fingers intact!