Monday, March 21, 2011

Simplicity 2828: I'm In Love!


Several months ago, I bought a girls dress pattern, Simplicity 2828. I've had it in my to-do list ever since. My goal for the next month or two is to sew through my stash! I would like to use up what I have so I can have a little more space. The fabric for this dress was from the clearance section at JoAnns, which I've had also for several months. It was about $1.50 a yard. The trim was also from my stash...two sizes of yellow rick rack (!) and some vintage yellow buttons. The buttons are square shaped and have a little braided border around them. The pattern is awesome!! If you are a beginning sewer, this pattern would be great. Because of the pleats in front and back, there is no gathering to do. The whole pattern is a total of three pieces (there are also 'Designer Additions' you can add too if you're feeling crazy). The pattern calls for a zipper but I did buttons instead, only because I love buttons and I wanted to add a little extra yellow to the dress. Even though my daughter is a size 3T, I made the 5T size. It worked perfectly, because it will be long enough for a while, but the arm holes are not too baggy and the top fits nice. The lining is from a sheet I found at the thrift store a while ago. When it was all said and done, I had used up several things from my stash, and my daughter ended up with a new dress. I'm already working on a second one....

1 comment:

Phillip and Rachel said...

That dress is ridiculous! LOVE IT :)