Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hurry! Hurry! Read All About It!!



A while back, I made a newsboy cap for my oldest son using this tutorial. For a while, he wouldn't wear it. Then, he decided that if Chappy (Grandpa) had a 'nettie boy' hat, it must be alright. He also decided it was 'farmer-ish,' thus fitting his qualifications for clothing. Somehow the whole 'newsboy' got lost in translation, becoming 'nettie boy.' Since he has decided to make friends with the hat, it has been pretty much glued to his head. Someone asked him the other day if he slept in it too. Almost. He puts it on his pillow. Now that my youngest son's noggin is larger than a grapefruit, I decided that I could probably rig one up to fit him. I had just enough remaining from the shirt to make another one, and all I did to 'downsize' it was to use a 1/2 " seam allowance instead of a 1/4". It fits perfectly and he likes it because its the same as his big bro's.


Note the scrumptious little tufts of baby hair!


Look, Ma! We match!


Mini-Chimney Sweep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh SOOOOOOOOOO Cute or should I say, HANDSOME?