Wednesday, April 13, 2011
This top was made from a toddler dress pattern. One thing I have noticed with girls clothing is that often an outgrown dress can be used as a top, and so I figured it would work with a dress pattern as well. There was originally a wide ruffle along the bottom, which I omitted. This fabric is one of my favorites and I was excited to use it. When my daughter saw it, she said that the fabric was 'disguuuuusting' and she wasn't wearing it because it has bees on it. (The number of bees in the design is very minimal) This is the first item of clothing she has not liked. I decided to spice it up a little and add a flower broach, as well as a matching flower barrette. The flowers are from the scrapbooking section of the craft store. Not really sure their original purpose, but the are a nice, velvety material and look vintage-y. We'll see whether it gets worn when the weather gets a little warmer!