Sunday, September 11, 2011

For The Princess


Here is the dress I made for my daughter for her birthday. After a fruitless search for a pattern that I liked, I found this tutorial online. I knew I had to make it! I had just enough princess fabric to make it work. The dress is the size 5 and I used 1 1/2 yards. I'm amazed that you can make a dress as flouncy as this with so little fabric! I am really thrilled with the way it turned out, and so is she, except that she wants the flower in front to be pink and not blue/green. Time for a lesson in complimentary color! :) The only thing I would change about the pattern is the width of the bodice. Its a bit too wide for my girl, so if I make it again I will take it in.


The back: this is what sold me on the dress!


The skirt has four ruffled tiers


The flower in question



Ruffle Closeup


Ta-Dah!!


Perfect for twirling!

2 comments:

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

So cute!!! Thank you so much for sharing! It looks adorable on your daughter!!!

I always find it so difficult to do a one-size-fits-all pattern, as kids just aren't one size fits all, just like adults. Glad to hear that you know you would take it in a bit next time! I have learned how important it is to try clothes on my kids as I am making them so I can nip-tuck it during the creation process. And I learned that lesson the HARD way...lol

Your daughter is such a cutie, and I love the fabric you used! Too too cute! She looks adorable in it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how CUTE, both the Princess and the dress, love those pictures! They are priceless! Good job, MOM