Sunday, October 23, 2011

Skirt McCalls 5523


I went to JoAnns a few weeks ago and saw this wool-blend tweed (?) that I just loved. It is a deep plum-y purple. I don't normally buy fabric without a pattern in mind, but this time I made an exception. I decided to use McCalls 5523 to sew up a skirt. The pattern has 4 different options for the lower back panel, included pleats, ruffles and flounces. I made the option for the 'shaped lower flounce.' I am very happy with how it turned out. I will be making this pattern again, with a few adjustments. First, seems to run small (even by following the measurements on the envelope) and fortunately I had cut a size up just in case. I also want to try the different back options, as I think the flounce isn't all that noticeable. However, that might be the fabric I used.

No comments: