Monday, January 16, 2012

Cheeky Bookbag

Around Christmas time, I saw a bag on Etsy with the quote: 'I like big books and I cannot lie.' I thought it was hilarious and knew that I had to make it. The original song (which is really not classy at all...) was popular in the late 90's and it said 'I like big butts and I cannot lie.' I have a friend who shares my sophisticated sense of humor so this was made for her. The bag is nothing fantastic, just corduroy lined with a feed sack print. The white text is hand embroidered with the chain stitch, and the 'big books' text is iron on letters. You have no idea how hard it is to find matching letters in the same color at Joanns. That's why I used yellow. I left the store feeling slightly hostile after tediously sorting through the poorly organized bins of rubber-banded iron-ons.

3 comments:

Phillip and Rachel said...

That bag is awesome...I need one.

Anonymous said...

Ask and ye shall receive...

Trish D said...

That really is awesome - I have some iron on vinyl that I've been saving to use with my die cutter... I'm thinking that "Big Books" will be my next project ;)