Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kasia Skirt From Burda Style

About a month ago, I finished my version of the Kasia skirt from Burda Style. I have been wanting to try this free pattern for a while. I am happy with the results, but getting there wasn't so fun. Actually, I have since picked apart the side seams to take them in. I made a size up, figuring I could take it in if needed. I took it in almost an inch on each side and it is still too loose, thus the reason I have it ripped apart. While I love the look of the pattern, the directions could use some help. I have tried a few Burda patterns and I am not sure if it is a translation thing, or what, but they confuse the heck out of me! I would like to make this skirt again, but change the construction methods to make it easier. A unique feature of this skirt is the zipper, hidden behind the front panel. The printed fabric is Michael Miller and I also used that to make self-covered buttons. The gray is broadcloth which I wouldn't recommend because it is a bit thin, and wrinkles too easily.

1 comment:

Phillip and Rachel said...

It looks cute and I love the use of your covered buttons! I've made some Burda's too...they are a pain.