Monday, June 4, 2012

Shoebox Blanket


Every year, our family participates in Operation Christmas Child. It is a program that sends shoe boxes filled with toys, school supplies, toiletries and other gifts to kids living in poverty around the world. I am always on the lookout for things to fill our shoe boxes, and the other night my daughter and I decided to make a simple flannel blanket. There is obviously not a ton of room in a shoe box, but I always try to put something soft and snuggly in each box. We embellished it with a yard sale find crocheted flower, and some zigzagged topstitching.  I think we will be making many more of these!

1 comment:

lambofHisflock said...

Oh my goodness! How I love this idea, especially for the 2-4 year olds that can be hard to pack for. I can just imagine the child wrapping themselves in warmth! I never considered a blanket before because of size.. but I am absolutely in LOVE.