Sunday, August 12, 2012

Not So Crafty Post

I get more freaked out everyday by all the nasty chemicals that hide in the products in my house.  I'm currently in an aggressive process of turning my home cleaning into a natural and non-toxic experience with awesome ingredients like vinegar and essential oils. Recently, I noticed that my yoga mat was getting a little funky. It gets used frequently and I haven't been able to find a decent cleaner that made me feel ok about smushing my face on it when I'm stretching out after a run or while in child's pose. So, I did a lot of research, bought a natural cleaning book and today, finally made my own cleaner. It smells delicious and is easy and quick to make. It's also ridiculously     C H E A P and of course, doesn't contain harsh, synthetic ingredients!           

I used this recipe: Organic Authority - Yoga Mat Cleaner and used vinegar. I think I will change up the essential oils next time and use a sweet orange/lemon blend for a bright scent.

No comments: