Monday, April 23, 2012

Easter Dress (Simplicity 2828)

This dress was made from a very simple Project Runway pattern (Simplicity). I have made this dress a few times before. It makes for a quick finished product. Unless, of course, your sewing machine decides to go on the fritz in the middle of it. Thankfully I was able to finish it in time for Easter on Mom's machine, while mine went to the shop. I used the same fabrics as I used in the infamous coat. To add a little pizzazz to an otherwise simple dress, I added a folded band of pink faux suede between the bodice and the skirt. I made a bow of the suede and sewed it in place. The pink faux suede came from...you guessed it....a yard sale, and had its first life as a hideous bead-fringed curtain. I think it is better suited for little girls apparel than curtains. :)

No comments: